Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Monday, March 5, 2012

Believing you're worth your weight in Self Love

Okay, here I am after not writing for sometime now.  Kind of unsure yet so needed.  I have been going through so many different things in my life and finding that I am in need and want of expressing it all here.

It is quite amazing all the beautiful souls that I have met along my journey.  Each person being such a bright light in my life.  This journey of creating myself not only one of self discovery.

I started this blog because I had seen so many changes in myself once I had turned 40.  This time in my life that is  what I would call a time of "renewal" or a "rebirth" of sorts.  Finding out about me, finding that still after all these years, I still deal with issues that had haunted me as a child.  Issues with weight, lack of confidence and self worth.  It is amazing how these "things" you never seem to outgrow until you realize that carrying this within you only makes you an adult who doesn't think much of yourself.

Very sad.  I look back and see that if I could talk to myself as that young girl, I would tell her that she is a beautiful angel filled with so much joy and happiness.  With so much love and potential.  That she is worth believing in and worth her weight in Self Love.  As a child the last thing on our minds is how we feel about ourselves.  It's about what others think of us.  And that if you are called names while in grammar or junior high school, that is all you see when you look in that mirror.  There begins the self hatred, self loathing, lack of confidence and self worth.

Honestly, to this day I remember so vividly the name calling I endured.  Four eyes, fat, buffalo butt, etc.  Those words to this day still bother me.  I also recall how mortified I was when waiting on line in the cafeteria, hoping that the kid or kids behind me wouldn't have a field day making fun of me for what I was wearing, looked like or whatever.  It was so upsetting.  Of course then after school, the first thing I wanted to do was eat.  Junk food of course.  Ahhh, the comforts of food.  It made me feel so much better.  Temporarily of course.  But as a kid you don't realize the destruction you create within yourself by feeding into your emotions, the name calling and all the other bullshit that comes with it.

SELF LOVE!!!! It's what it's all about!!!! With that you are able to stand strong.  Believing that anything is possible.  Believing in yourself and all your potential.  Doing things that you had only dreamed about but never thought it could be your reality.  Now being who I am still with many childhood issues, I want to tell that young, vibrant, pretty girl with glasses, that she is worth it.  That when she gets older she will find her way.  That no matter what it's all about staying strong,  staying true to your beliefs, loving yourself and knowing that all good things come to those who believe they are worth  their weight in SELF LOVE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment