Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

GOING TO RISE ABOVE

Last week I had a written a blog called "Where's my flow" and as I was writing it a lot of emotion came out.  Anger, sadness, depression, unhappiness, etc.  It was what I had been feeling and had taken me down, way down.  It honestly was scaring the shit out of me.  I was allowing all this negativity to swarm in on me like a massive crowd of bees.  Ready for the attack.  Ready to make me want to run and hide and crawl under something for protection. 

Well this blog touched some family and friends.  And they reached out to me.  Sometimes when you get into a rut in life you are ashamed of what you are allowing yourself to become.  That something which you are actually not, but somehow it snuck up and blew up.  Let alone you are not going to share your sadness and every other emotion with others for the sake of  being embarrassed or feeling inadequate. 

I found that letting others in and listening, really listening to their loving words, their hand reaching out to help in anyway, really is quite special.  And sometimes you just need that someone to light that firecracker underneath your butt to make you realize what's important.  To realize that I am important.  I deserve to be happy and healthy.  I am beautiful inside and out.  I deserve to make myself be my own priority.  There is no selfishness for wanting to look, feel and be the best you can be.  Sometimes and we all have at one time or another, put ourselves on the back burner.  To find in the end we are living quite miserably.  Until we decide to make that change.  Decide to BELIEVE in ourselves and all that we are capable of.

I am Going to Rise Above.  I am on this path which will have some bumps in the road along the way.  But with these detours, comes great learning experiences from it all.  One of them is accepting it and that nothing is perfect.  It may not be a "HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY" journey all the time.  Learning to be able to work with it, understand the reasoning behind it, and grow from it.  AND!!! Share those experiences with others so they may find comfort in knowing they are not alone. 

My Affirmation:
I am a strong, secure and confident woman who is capable of doing anything I set my mind to.

No comments:

Post a Comment