Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Forty plus and Fabulous

The title of this just jumped out at me. When you get to this age of 40 plus you kind of feel you have a new lease on life.  A feeling of wanting to do things you had always wanted to do but for some reason made some excuse not to.  Or be adventurous and conquer some fears.  Maybe para sailing or bungee jumping.  Get a tattoo or buy a new outfit that in the past you would have never had the nerve to wear. 

It is all about a new found freedom.  A new sense of self and possibly finding a new path in which to take.  For me it has become a journey of self discovery and spiritualism.  Creating a new self.  A transformation of sorts.  Like the caterpillar turning into the radiant and colorful butterfly.  Spreading her wings and ready to soar taking on the beauty all around her.

You realize that all that has come before are just life's lessons hopefully learned.  Practicing  with mind and heart the ways in which to handle different situations and not to overreact, create a frenzy and most importantly make sure that you don't allow life's challenges and curve balls to overwhelm you.  Overwhelmed into a state of being paralyzed.  Whereby  the enjoyment of the most simplest pleasures becomes non-existent.

Forty plus and Fabulous has been so wonderfully rewarding.  I am proud to tell my age and have people say to me, "Wow you look younger" or someone told me just recently, " You are aging gracefully".  That one was a first.  And I take them all proudly.  Honestly what I want most and I am sure all would agree is to be happy, healthy and be on that path of life where we are learning and growing.  Working at each and everyday to be the best we can be.  Never taking life for granted and being blessed for all that we are and what we are yet to become.

1 comment:

  1. I love your thoughts my friend and have often thought the same~~~

    ReplyDelete