Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Saturday, April 14, 2012

MID LIFE CRISIS OR EXTREME CURIOUSITY?

Do you ever feel like you are kind of lost in this world?  Or you get to a certain age and you look at where you have been, how far you have come and that there is so much more still out there yet to see, experience and be.  Am I in a "MID LIFE Crisis"?  I am at a point in my life where I feel myself constantly questioning things.  I had posed this question on my status post on Facebook.  With the intentions of reaching out to other ladies who are 40+ and just seeing if anyone else has experienced this.

I got one person's feedback so far.  Someone who understood similarly.  It seems we search through out our whole lives wondering can I be happy, do I want more, have I done enough, what else is out there for me.  So many things that at times will make yourself go crazy.   Where you really feel like you are going to lose it.

Each and everyone of us has stress in our lives and of course the main thing is how we deal with it.  How can we stay in control and not lose our mind with work, family, relationships, children, etc.?  The pressures of life can overwhelm any of us in a major way.  It takes a lifetime of learning how to deal with these stresses the best way we know how.

I am the type of person who at times can be a little out of control, I overact, and become very emotional.  Then I begin to over analyze, or let my emotions get the best of me..  Which then would lead to thinking, well maybe I deserve it.  Self-sabotage kicks in and then of course the main addiction of mine, FOOD!!!!  It is a vicious cycle which I have tried so damn hard to control.  I feel I have been doing so well staying in control. Knowing what I should and should not be doing.  And that is calming myself down, getting my head straight and not running to the refrigerator to shove something in my mouth to calm myself down.

Life can be so stifling at times.  But of course life is what we make of it.  It is how we control and handle everything that comes our way.  Being strong, confident, self-assured and self-worthy of all of life's goodness does help in the task at hand.  Then they are moments of weakness.  How can we be strong all the time? Reaching out for someone who you can talk to and share your thoughts and feelings is so important.  Some of us are lucky and blessed to have those people in our lives.  Which makes it all the more sweeter.

I just shake my head sometimes and wonder what the hell is going on.  What mistakes have I made?  Were those mistakes made for a reason to learn from them?  To become a better person? To grow and move on from it in hopes that those mistakes won't be made again?  Constantly questioning things, situations, people, can make you go a little stir crazy.  Honestly, the feeling of running away and getting away from it all sounds so appealing at times.  But then reality sets in really quick and you must deal with it and not run away.  Isn't that the "chicken" way out of it?  Nothing was ever solved from running away in hopes it would disappear on it's own.

I am adult now.  A 41 year old woman with a family and responsibilities.  But at times I kind of wish I was a kid again.  Not that it would make anything better, just that the realities of life as an adult can really stink.  And then when you get to that age of "MID LIFE", either in your 40's or 50's, you can't help but look at the whole picture and say what if.  That saying which I hear so quite often " The grass isn't always greener on the other side", is so true at times but you really can't help to think that if you never take that leap, how will you ever know.  You take your chances going into with full knowledge, good or bad you made that decision and you deal with it as such.  No regrets!!! Only LIVE AND LEARN!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment