Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Such Sadness

I have been thinking, actually been doing that a lot lately.  Guess that means I am alive. Seriously though, what has been on my mind is just questioning why there is so much sadness in this world.  It saddens me when I do think this especially when it involves members of my family.

I have had my own moments of sadness. I question why things are the way they are.  Why a particular situation happened. And because it did, is there a lesson to be learned from it.  When you see the people you love going through these times of sadness you wish you had the power to change things around for them.  To be able to take it all away from them and just make everything okay.

I am writing this with such an abundance of love to let those near and dear know that if I had the power and the ability, I would love nothing more than to make everything right.  I think I have always been that type of person to go out of my way to try to be that person.  Just to express that I care and want to see them happy.  I am not a magician and I do not have a magic wand, but to those people I love, I wish I could give you all the world.  Some who may be reading this already know this is how I feel. 

What I can only wish and hope for myself and others is that we somehow and someway find that inner peace and love that may be missing in our hearts and minds.  That desire to find the happiness and joy we so desperately hope for.  To be able to honestly say we are content with our lives.  To be able to find that we are able to live our lives experiencing lots of laughter, lots of great big smiles and a true happiness in our hearts.

Unfortunately, life is not perfect and life is not fair.  And because of this we will always have our ups and downs.  The whole idea is that we take an approach to it which holds the best interest for us.  We are proactive and not reactive.  We understand that with every situation that we encounter, we know that we do not play the martyr, we listen with an open mind and we act humbly. 

I must say that when all is said and done, I have learned a lot from talking to others, sharing life's experiences, learning of their family matters, and admitting we all have problems.  Going to therapy has been such an enriching and blessed experience for me.  So, with the culmination of all these, it helps me to understand that I am not going through these things in life alone.  We can constantly question WHY, WHY ME, HOW COME.  I'd rather question what can I do to change things, of course if I  have the ability to do so.  Remember the Serenity Prayer always.

All we can do is be the best we can be as ourselves.  We need to be thankful that we are alive and that we have what we do have.  There are so many people out there so much worse off than us.  We need to be grateful for our health and that we know God loves us.  That we wake up every morning being able to do all those things we can and at times we may take for granted.  I am sure some of us have from time to time.  I know and I admit I have.

Just make sure and this may sound cheesy!!! (LOL)!!! And know I love you!!!
Turn that :o( FROWN UPSIDE DOWN and make sure to :o) SMILE
Somehow, things have a way of working themselves out in the end.

Much LOVE to you,
Laura :o)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment