Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Being on the straight and narrow is BORING!

Earlier today I wrote for one of my status' on Facebook  "Being on the straight and narrow is boring".  It really is and can be more so at times.  That is the way I felt today.  Need some excitement in my life.  Not sure exactly what but want to feel that adrenaline rush.  The feel of my heart racing through my chest. 


I have been called in the past "Ms. Goodie Two Shoes". B-O-R-I-N-G!!!  That is not such a compliment.  Someone asked me where all this was coming from.  I immediately said "MID LIFE Crisis".  The person who asked me said "You are finding yourself".  I think it is a little of both actually.


So the question remains, How do I handle this?  How do I satisfy that urge to be daring, adventurous and NOT Ms. Goodie Two Shoes?  Hmmmmm, not sure.  As much as I may be all talk sometimes, I want to take action.  First step should be something small.  Not too outside the box for me.  


As I see myself coming out of my shell(my safe place) where I have been for a large majority of my lifetime,  I feel a little less scared now.  That is just the beginning.  I need to make a list of things I have always wanted to do but never had the courage or confidence to do.   I have always played LIFE safe.  Was never daring.  Always cared too much about what other people thought of me.  I am still that way today.  I always want to be OUTSTANDING in other people's eyes. Especially the people that mean the most to me.  I want to be thought highly of.  That will never change.  That is way too important. This won't stop me though.


Okay, so my objective here is to find new things for Laura to experience. To make my life more fulfilling and less boring.  I am so on it.  My determination to change is abundant.  Possibly do a 180 or a 360 degree turn here.  Watch out world !!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment