Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Mental wellness is KEY for me

I decided to write about how mental wellness is such a vital key for me to have a truly happy existence.  I have realized when you breakdown the things that have happened in the past.  Things said, done, actions taken, I am human and for some reason I need to be constantly reminded of that.{Thank you to that person} I am forever grateful.

It is amazing too how once you are in a better mental state you are able to handle every stresses so much better.  I am still shocked how my use of food to comfort me is so much better under control now.  This same person told me that once I handled my stress better that I would get in control of my eating. That just blew me away.  Could it be such a simple yet complex concept? Well, when you are right you are right!

Although, I sometimes strive for perfection, I need to realize if I don't that is okay too.
Since seeking help and guidance to achieve that state of mental wellness, I feel that I am a much better person inside and out with a new outlook on life.  I try to approach things differently.  I am not nearly close to saying that I am completely mentally healed. That may take my whole lifetime. You never know.  But I am definitely heading in the right direction. 

Some people may say that seeking help is admitting there is something wrong and shows how weak you are.  I think it is the complete opposite.  Seeking help takes a very strong person willing to allow a stranger to listen to all you have to say.  Emotions shared and vulnerability shown.  Obviously something is not right in your life that just may need a little tweaking.  Or so much has built up for so many years it makes you wonder where you begin.   How far back do you go to explain how you got to this point in your life?

I think it all boils down to realizing that in order to make the most out of our lives for as long as we are on this earth we must decide how we want to live our lives.  I know that I have a lot to give, a lot to share and want to be able to express it.  My blog is one of my ways of doing that.  No one is perfect and  for me to be able to share my imperfections here is a wonderful way to aspire to that state of mental wellness.

No comments:

Post a Comment