Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

You need to do what makes YOU happy

I have realized that in order to be happy in this world take lots of vitamins. ONLY kidding. Someone just told me to write that. LOL! (This person is poking fun at me!) I come to work every morning with a sandwich baggy filled with all my vitamins and supplements I take. Hey I swear by it.  It helps BIG TIME!

Seriously though,  a birdie once told me that in order to feel good about myself you need to do what makes you happy.  And, don't let anyone stop you from doing it.  MY gosh, I think those words have been embedded in my brain.  Thank god for that birdie.

I had some distorted thought in my mind to put myself last on the list to make happy.  What was wrong with me.  I was so miserable.  Like I was turning into someone I never knew existed before.  It was terrible. I was disgusted with my life around me.  It effected my relationships and marriage.  All I wanted to do was cry.  The feeling of depression is terrible.  That is what I felt I was slipping into. 

Well, after seeking the necessary help to get me out of this miserable, depressing state, I have found that putting my self first on the list to make happy has opened my eyes to so many wonderful things.  First and foremost making sure that I am the healthiest I can be.  Taking time out to exercise, eat healthy and finding time to do things on my own.   The time alone to just go shopping, go for a pedicure or even get on my treadmill is priceless.   I realized that I should not feel guilty like had done so many times before.  The guilt was eating me up inside.  Of course this was self inflicted.  I am very good at that. 

I guess if I can be an example for others and maybe give some hope for others to realize that putting yourself first is top priority and not something to feel guilty about. 

There must be a reason why certain things happen to you at a certain time in your life.  To help you get through life with LOTS of lessons learned.  In the words of my grandmother "LIVE AND LEARN".  Truer words were never spoken.

No comments:

Post a Comment