Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Love is a many splendored thing

Today July 12, 2011 and my topic of the day is LOVE. What a small and simple word but it's meaning can be interpreted in so many different ways by many different people. 

I believe that love has different meanings and different levels for each individual person in one's life.  I believe that the love I would have for my son is a completely different love I would have for my spouse,my parents and my friends. To be able to love another truly can only be possible if we are able to find that love for ourselves. 

To be able to fully understand the capacity in which to love another can only be understood with self love.
I have been able to understand that within the past year.  It seems that since this journey I have been on, I have been able to break down some walls that were up around me.  Whether it was for my own protection or for some not to be able to look in and make judgement or just being in total denial of all that was around me.

I am sure all of you are familiar with the Wizard of Oz and what the Wizard says at the end of the movie. When he is handing out all the wishes to each of the characters. The Brain, The Courage, For Dorothy to go home and last for The Tinman to get his heart.  The Wizard says  "A heart is not judged by how much you love; but by how much you are loved by others."

I never completey agreed with this.  How can a heart be judged this way?  It disturbed me.  But now that I am older and a little bit wiser, I realize this statement has validity.  When someone looks at you who has no idea what you are about but sees the LOVE that others have for you.  Then that someone understands that you must be a really special person who has been able to touch so many hearts along the way.  So, I get it.  I also believe that it is just as important to have that ability to show that love toward others.  That extraordinary way one possesses, to show much he or she loves another.   They are equally important in my eyes.  I don't know if I am the only person who has ever given so much thought to this particular line in one of my all time ever FAVORITE movies.

LOVE is such a wonderful word with such heartfelt meaning.  It brings so much joy and happiness to one's heart and soul.   How fantastic to be able to experience it on a daily basis.  With all the people we choose to surround ourselves with along with our beautiful families who we have been blessed to be a part of.   God is good and his LOVE for us is like no other.  Let us live each and everyday with the love we have in our hearts and don't ever forget to tell the special people around us how much we love them.  LIVE FULFILLED, BE FULFILLED and just BE!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if the Wizard was also meaning that love is a vibration and when you are feeling love (maybe for oneself and the world) then it is an automatic reaction So to measure love is by what others feel from a person Hmmmm.....
    Sam and I had been writing back and forth about love I came across a saying: The root meaning of love is to acknowledge absolute concern for another being Through our correspondence we decided to add to it one more word So: The root meaning of love is to acknowledge absolute concern and Acceptance for another being What an interesting subject! Jean

    ReplyDelete