Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

MY AWAKENING

I haven't written in a little while. But in actuality I was planning for my next entry being something I discovered.  My Awakening. 

I had been on my search for words, sayings and quotes that inspire me like I do each day and I came across something written by Virginia Swift called The Awakening.  It was a very lengthy read but what caught attention was the very first paragraph which states "A time in your life when you... finally get it.  When in the midst of all your fears and insanity you stop dead in your tracks and somewhere the voice inside your head cries out- ENOUGH!" Of course, to my surprise I had realized she was talking about me.  I had finally figured out what has been happening to me. "The Awakening".

There is an actual name for this.  I was always wondering through out these past years when that brick was going to come falling from the sky, knock me in the head and put some sense into me.

The continuous years of self-sabotage, lack of self-acceptance, self-worth, self-confidence and I could go on and on.  How much self-abuse can one take? I was really convinced that the day would never come that I would awake with a whole new sense of self.  I had in my mind that God was punishing me and this was the way it was going to be forever.  But what I understand now is that he isn't punishing me at all.  He has always been watching over me and was going to answer my prayers when he felt the time was right.  I am so glad he realized I was ready.

To be able to stand here knowing so much more that I had.  To be able to realize that I am beautiful and worth all the wonderful things that life has to offer.  To know I deserve to feel happy, to be happy and be loved.  "You learn that  feelings of entitlement are perfectly OK... and that it is your right to want things that you want and that sometimes it is necessary to make demands.  You come to the realization that you deserve to be treated with love, kindness, sensitivity,and respect,and you will not settle for less."


I love this particular paragraph where Virginia Swift states "And you learn that your body is your temple.  You begin eating a balanced diet, drinking more water, and taking more time to exercise.  You learn that fatigue diminishes the spirit and can create doubt and fear, so you take more time to rest.  And just as food fuels the body,  laughter fuels your soul, so take more time to laugh and to play."  It is within our control to take care of ourselves, our souls.  Our radiant light that shines within all of us.

I have made a promise to myself to keep trusting and stay open to every wonderful possibility.  "Finally, with the courage in your heart and with God by your side, you take a stand, you take a deep breath, and you begin to design the life you want to live as best as you can."

I want to thank Virginia Swift for writing this perfect explanation of what has happened to me.  I totally get it now.  Just another one of Life's Lessons Learned.  One that has made such a deep impact.  One that I wanted to share with you. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank You Laura! I always enjoy your writing! I get it too but sometimes I have to remind myself more than others. Thanks for belong me remember to get It! :-)))

    ReplyDelete