Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Saturday, July 30, 2011

SELF-LOVE, is it possible?

SELF-LOVE~
Does anyone ever really find it in their lives? Is it possible?
Some of us including myself find that it is possible to love oneself but may take a whole lifetime. It makes us wonder, between what we had gone through in our past and the past relationships we had, could it ever come to be.

I had shown one of my recent blogs entitled "IN TIME" to a dear friend of mine who is one of my biggest fans.  I was sitting there with her as she read it out loud.  When she reached that line where I said "I knew in time I would have self-love" she stopped and got very emotional and began to cry.  Her feelings overwhelmed her and she wepped.  It seemed to have been to my friend a very sensitive and poignant line that really touched her heart.  I had begun to get emotional myself.  My eyes welled up as I comforted my friend and put my hand on her arm and shoulder to let her know it was okay.

Some of us do find "IN TIME" that self-love is indeed possible.  And when we realize that we have entered into this new way of thinking and feeling about ourselves there is never any turning back.  Self-lovin' is the best lovin' as a friend once told me.  I think if we get to that point where we realize that
the instinct or desire to promote one's own well-being is imperative in order for us to live the best lives we can in this world, there is nothing stopping us from reaching our goals, our dreams or even our desires.
 
This all just comes full circle when I reference back to the main title of my blog.  "When do you realize you want more out of life".  When do you realize that self-love is a number one necessity in order to be fully, truly and honestly loving someone else, taking care of one's health and living life to it's fullest capacity.  That is quite a tall order.  But yet is so very possible.  Now for me, it took about a years worth of therapy, a new view and focus on life, and maybe could use some more therapy.  I am not saying I am the epitome of self-love.  Lord knows I am not.  But I am an example that it is possible.  With the much needed help and guidance that is required, because we all know it is very difficult to get there alone, anything is possible.
 
This is the dreamer in me talking now, but if we all were able to find self-love knowing what that leads to; a deep and sincere love for others, kindness, compassion and a gentleness towards ourselves and others, wouldn't this world be a better place?  To have that belief that people are good-hearted, loving, caring, sincere in thought and action, peace would be a much more common and used word in our everyday vocabulary.  A girl can dream, can't she?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment