Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Suffering in Silence

I must admit this topic was one that I have been thinking long and hard about.  Three words that have such depth to them.  I was kind of hesitant about bringing this to the table.  But was asked by a very dear friend to write about it here in my blog.

I always want to discuss the real emotions that I have personally experienced.  It is a great release.  I guess in someways I had been suffering in silence for a sometime.  Dealing with low self esteem, lack of self worth, periods of depression and behind all that was a sad overweight woman with no desire to live life to it's fullest.  What was there to look foward to? It was just easier to be miserable.

My dear friend had been suffering in silence for many many years.  The pain and anguish of just living was torture for her.  She had been going through so much and felt completely unable to find her voice.  The true and desperate need to be heard went unnoticed.  Her family life had worsened. Her relationships with those closest to her had become so distant.  She was truly alone.  To go through that type of pain for so long must have been excruciatingly painful for her.

We all have our own personal demons.  Sometimes we are able to come face to face with them and take charge not letting them take over completely.  Some of us are not so fortunate.  To live with a sickness which lives and breathes within and takes complete control can sometimes become your death sentence.  The magnitudes of depression in it's worst state can be the End.

As for my dear friend, she has been able to find her voice.  Her inner strength and determination to live life was much stronger than her illness.  She is a caring and loving mother, daughter, sister and friend with so much to give to herself, her family and this beautiful world.  There was period of time where we had lost contact and all I could think about was if she was okay. Was she alive? How were her kids?  I am happy to say that she is doing well.  She is managing the best she can with her illness and making the best of life for her beautiful children and her family.  She was blessed with three handsome boys. And I have been blessed to have her as a friend again.  We picked up where we left off after so many years.

I love you my sweet friend and am grateful that you are in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment