Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Spiritual Journey

For some reason I am gravitating toward the path of Spirituality.  I have been reading about it wanting to educate myself and fully understand what it's all about.  Basically I have started at Spirituality 101.   I admit I did not know much but it intrigued me.

What I am finding as I envelope myself in all it's wonder, it is where I want to be.  The book I am reading is called Spirituality for Dummies by Sharon Janis. One of my many highlights within this book explains that "The process of spiritual evolution is not about trying to become something other than who you are; rather, your spiritual journey ultimately brings you back in tune with the great soul that you always have been and will always be."   She continues to say "With a higher spiritual awareness, you can take your rightful place as a conscious co-creator of your world, and discover how to use your words and thoughts to create a happy, healthy and spiritually enlightened life."

I absolutely LOVE it.  I feel like the book is speaking to me and pulling me in telling me I need to trust myself.   It is my thoughts and actions that mold my journey.  And most importantly to trust God.  She points out that when you put your trust in God you move happily and spontaneously through life.  It gives you the courage to try things you would not have necessarily known how to do.  That is so amazing true for me.  I see myself taking leaps by writing and sharing my innermost thoughts and feelings.  Reading and soaking in as much as I possibly can.  Wanting to do and try different things.  Things that I would have never had the desire nor the courage to do before.

This book talks about the divine light that exists inside of us.  Spirituality says you are greater and more powerful that you have ever imagined.  We all have a spiritual soul.  I just feel I have never come across anything that has really ever touched me as this has.  I feel so welcomed and accepted into this spiritual view of life.  It is about following your heart.  As anyone who knows me real well, that is what I am all about.  There is a quote within this book that states "Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart.  Who looks outside, dreams.  Who looks inside, awakens. ~Carl Jung


I have really never been so moved before.  Here is just another example of me finding my way and my life taking a little bit of a different direction all for the the sole purpose of ME.  It is because I had so desperately wanted to make some changes in my life, I never knew or even realized the power of our universe and of God.  Once I allowed myself to be open to change, it is amazing and mind-blowing that I can actually see what I am capable of.

The author says, "The challenge of spirituality is to see all these qualities and colors of who you are, while also realizing that you are a unique expression of pure spirit, revealing itself as you."  I love that taking the spiritual path makes you question who you are as a person and makes you dig deep to find your inner self.  That knowledge of yourself brings power.  It makes you more conscious and aware of how you think, speak and act.

All I can say to anyone who has read this particular blog, I am venturing on my SPIRITUAL JOURNEY!  And I am totally enjoying it.   There is so much to learn and become and I am up for that challenge whole heartedly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment