Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

So what if I will never be a "10"

I have come to the realization that I will never be a "10" clothing wise. That is okay with me.  As far as beauty is concerned, it is in the eyes of the beholder.  I think the most important thing is to realize that the beauty of a person is what they possess inside.   So I'll never be America's Next Top Model, those girls are way too skinny anyway.  I was on Project Runway though. Strutting my "stuff" on the catwalk. That was such a wonderful moment for me.  Being treated like a model was awesome.  Being called one made us all feel great.  We were 11 women who had major weight loss and the topic of this particular episode was about transformation.  We all stood so proudly of our accomplishments. We got to meet Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn.   Unfortunately, the designer that was assigned to me was voted off in this segment.   It was overall an unforgettable experience.

No matter what you look like on the outside, that is not going to get you very far in life. It is what is in your heart and mind that will take you places ultimately.  As a lot of people know about me, I have struggled with my weight all my life.  It was quite hard at times as a child.  Kids can be cruel.  But if you are a really good person with a big heart and treat people with dignity and respect, that is what really matters.

Adults can be cruel too.  Opening up their mouths and saying things that can really hurt someone.  Honestly, why don't people think before they speak.  Really, c'mon now.  You know that saying, if you don't have something nice to say then don't say it at all.  That is how I was raised.   I guess these people were not paying attention way back then.

Whatever the case may be, you have to be happy with yourself and be proud of who you are as an individual.    Knowing that you make a difference in this world and are a caring and loving person is truly important.  Love who and what you are and just be YOU!  

No comments:

Post a Comment