Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Thursday, June 16, 2011

LIFE WITHOUT PASSION WOULD BE....

“Passion, it lies in all of us, sleeping... waiting... and though unwanted... unbidden... it will stir... open its jaws and howl. It speaks to us... guides us... passion rules us all, and we obey. What other choice do we have? Passion is the source of our finest moments. The joy of love... the clarity of hatred... and the ecstasy of grief. It hurts sometimes more than we can bear. If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace... but we would be hollow... Empty rooms shuttered and dank. Without passion we'd be truly dead.” Joss Whedon


Can you imagine life without passion? How terrible that would be. There are so many things we all genuinely love to do in our lives.  So many things we are and that we could not be without. Whether it be a poet, an artist, a writer, or even an athlete.   Without a deep rooted passion for being or doing whatever is in your heart and in your blood, it would all really be quite lifeless.  What type of meaning would it have?  As it states above, "it would be hollow".


Life without passion is a life without living.  


I felt I was hollow at one point and found that I am no longer. With a true passion to live life to it's fullest. To be a woman with hopes and dreams and a belief that anything is possible.  A passion for expressing myself as I am doing here.  Letting people know what type of person I am and that I believe in them as I do myself.   A passion to give all that I have to make a difference in this world.  A passion to be able to really express my feelings of sadness or true happiness.  


Allowing yourself to really be in the moment and let your heart feel what it does so "passionately" about, is PRICELESS! Whether it takes your breath away or makes you feel something you have never felt before.  It can go to either extreme.  Sheer sadness, complete anger, unbelievable fear, unequivocal exaltation or that feeling of euphoria that I had mentioned in one of my past blogs.


Passion is such a powerful word and such an intense feeling.  Could you really imagine life without it?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Raquel here. Ive always had a passion. I couldnt relate to not having one. I love the colors oaf your blog.

    ReplyDelete