Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

When do we stop needing CONSTANT reassurance?

When do we stop needing constant reassurance for the things we do or say or the actions we take?
NEVER???  


This has always been a issue of mine for as long as I could remember.  As I am writing this I am debating whether it is such a bad thing or just something some women need to have in order to feel better.  In some respects it may have to do with lack of self confidence or insecurity.  Something to ponder.


When I was a kid I remember always looking for that with regards to pretty much anything I did.  Understandably so, as a child it helps their self esteem and their self confidence giving them the encouragement they need by removing any doubt or fears they may have. I understand that completely.


As an adult so many years later,  why is it still so important to me?  I can see it in some respects it's fine. There may be a certain situation where I would need reassurance to make me feel more at ease.  It might just be me and that is the way I am.  I think sometimes it makes me look needy. Not such a good characteristic of mine.  We all have our own quirkinesses about ourselves.


I feel like I am questioning more so now than ever why I am the way I am and why I handle different scenarios the way I do.  Is that just something we do as we get older?  Why do we have a habit of examining every detail and wonder why?  I feel like sometimes I am in control and then sometimes I am not so sure.  AHHH, the pleasures or not, of being a woman. 


I guess it is also the fact that I want everyone I know to have this image of me that I can be totally in control of things.  Sometimes I am, but I seem to forget I am only human.   I have to cut myself some slack.  I really should listen to my own advice.  I have to remember that I cannot be hard on myself.  I need to allow myself to have a bad day, or not feel so chipper and happy. Everyone always associates me as having big smile and cheery.  For the most part I am, but come on, all the time? Could one really be so happy all the time?  You'd probably ask yourself what could they be taking and where could I get some?


Reassurance is really not such a bad thing but when you find yourself becoming too needy of it, you have to ask yourself why.  Is there a reason behind it? 


I love being me and I love where I am at right now at this point in my life.  WOW!! Some realization, huh? I love knowing the type of person I am. That I am genuine in heart and soul.  I can see now what I am capable of doing and becoming.  If reassurance is still what I need in order to move forward on my journey it is okay. You learn from your mistakes, you take life one day at a time and you approach it with a positive attitude.  You do the best you can and just be yourself.  You only get better with age. I really and truly believe that. I am seeing it first hand at this stage of my life.  How awesome is that?

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if constant reassurance is needed from ourself Liking and loving oneself even when we make mistakes and even when we mumble and gumble

    ReplyDelete