Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Monday, June 6, 2011

Don't judge a book by it's cover

I know I have done it myself in the past.  You see someone with tattoos, rings where you could never imagine putting them yourself, pink or blue hair or anything out of the ordinary.  For some reason we are so quick to label them as "weird" or "strange". You get the idea of where I am going with this.

We don't know what goes on in their minds, how they feel, if they have been shut out because of their individualism.  It is a form of self expression and I commend anyone who has the guts to go "outside the box".
I have found that tattoos are a great way for me to express my own individuality.  Each one has their own special meaning.  It is ashame that some don't see it in that respect and just think I am crazy for permanently marking my body.  I have said before I think tattoos are a sign of beauty and are the stain glass windows to our soul.  Our brilliant light shines through and emanates the stunning colors within us.

In this world of ignorance, self absorption, stereotyping and lack of care for others, we need to embrace the people around us with love and support.  Being able to make someone feel better about themselves, giving them words of encouragement and just maybe the inspiration they need to go for what they had always wanted to do but never had that someone to pat them on the back and say "GO FOR IT! I know you can and I have faith in you".

We all need to have those types of people in our lives.  They can really make a difference and help us strive for something better.  Help us reach for what we thought we were incapable of achieving.  If you have been lucky and blessed to have these certain people that touch your heart and assist in changing your life around, my LORD count your blessings.  There is a reason why and God has a higher plan for you.  Enjoy the ride and thank him everyday.

1 comment:

  1. I like the part "tattos are..stain glasses windows to the soul" Never thought of them that way Jean

    ReplyDelete