Trying to find and create me

Trying to find and create me

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Self Parenting 101 and Seeking help


I found this on a site called Holistic Learning Center: Spiritual Philosophies

 "Self Parenting 101"

An excerpt I had chosen to share here on my blog:

If you don’t give your Self permission to be your true Self,
Then people will “mold you” into who they want you to be,
Taking you further from the light of the Self
And further into the darkness of your “persona” (mask).



If you don’t learn to validate and release your feelings,
Then your feelings will create dis-ease within you!
For a dis-ease is a perfect creation,
A negative feeling made manifest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


It is so important to realize that in order to be able to live the healthiest you can be, you need to make sure your mental health is in check.  You will be amazed when you get your mind focused and your emotions are well controlled, what you are capable of in your life.  By allowing yourself to express your feelings whether positive or negative, is so important. As it states in the second paragraph, if you keep it within, it becomes a disease that takes over everything inside.  Negativity is a disease within itself.  If you let it manifest, you'll never allow yourself to see all the positive that is around you.

Sometimes this process is not easy to do on your own.  Seeking a therapist to help you get your mental health in check can be a real eye-opening experience.  I have been fortunate enough that my life has changed forever because I chose to seek help.  I knew I needed to make changes in my life. Somehow and someway God led me in the right direction.  Do not be ashamed to say you need help.  By allowing yourself to admit it, you are saying you are worth it and deserve to be happy in your life.  So what if you need a little help. It is okay.  How wonderful it is to be able to open up to someone who will not judge you, who will give you the words of encouragement and support you so desperately need.  That is totally PRICELESS!!!  When you do get to that point, that you have been so fortunate to have that guidance by a therapist,  be grateful, be appreciative and feel blessed.   You gave that most important gift to yourself and your life.  To make it the best it could possibly be.

Thank you to all those therapists out there who continue to make a difference in so many lives each and everyday.  THEY are the instruments placed here on earth by God to intervene when necessary to help those who lose their way on the path of life.  You have been given a very special gift.  May God bless you always. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey I read this post not expecting the thank you for therapists Wow! All I can say to all you are welcome!

    ReplyDelete